Friday, October 2, 2009

Overwhelmed.

Lately I have been feeling completely overwhelmed. Not with life necessarily, although life  has it's overwhelming moments, but with the thoughts and opinions of the people around   me. I mean, I know what I believe when it comes to God but I also know you can always learn more and have a better perspective of the things you believe.

 I am surrounded by mature Christians who have a strong faith and walk with the Lord. But  am also surrounded by baby Christians who are working on their relationship with Christ. I know, that as a more mature (so to say) Christian, it is my responsibility to help guide and   be a role model to baby Christian and it frightens me. The mature Christians in my life are 
guiding me and trying to help me grow, but sometimes I feel like what one person says another contradicts. I know that when it comes down to it, I have to look in the Bible for 
myself and see what it says to determine what the truth is and what God is showing me. I am so frightened that I am going to misinterpret something and then mislead a "baby"
Christian. I would hate to guide someone wrongly because I know I am spiritually responsible for the guidance I give anyone. 

I guess it all comes down to the fact that I need to pray about it and let God give me the confidence to guide the young Christians and to know what is the truth from the mature Christians in my life.



"Hear my prayer, O Lord; let my cry come to you!"-
Psalm 102:1

No comments:

Post a Comment