Wednesday, May 12, 2010

l o v e


So I read the book "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan. Let's just say it was an amazing book and it definitely got my mind thinking. It talks about God's crazy insane love that he has for us. Not just me, but for the whole entire world. That thought right there still blows my mind. It also talks about how since God has this crazy love for us shouldn't we being pouring out that love to the people around us. It kind of stopped me in my tracks. 
I decided to look up the actual meaning of love. 
love
noun, verb, loved, lov·ing.
–noun
1.
a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.
2.
a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.
After reading that I realized that I haven't been pouring out love to the people I encounter. I don't care for them. My actions speak definitely louder than my words, and I know they are not matching to what God wants for this world. Every person I encounter was created and is loved by God. The same God I worship, love, and adore. I am supposed to be an example to the people around me, yet I get so wrapped up in myself that I forget the purpose of why I am here. To spread the Word of His name around and to love people. 
Between work,  church, and everyday life I encounter so many different people every single day. What kind of impact am I making? I don't want to just go on in this life being satisfied and get stuck in the same spot. I want to always have that desire to want to reach and help those in need. To love them and to truly care for them. 
I was blessed enough to grow up in a Christian family and have loving parents who shared the story of Jesus with me. So many people don't have that. They don't have someone who loves them enough to share that with them. How heart breaking that is! 
God submerges us in his love everyday and I know that I don't deserve it at all. But He gives it freely. No matter how many mistakes I make or what I do, He will always love me.
I want to share that love with the people I encounter. 
Unconditional. Never ending. True love. God's love.
"I believe He wants us to love others so much that we go to extremes to help them."
— 
Francis Chan

No comments:

Post a Comment