Monday, August 2, 2010

Here. For now.

So the time has finally come for the send offs to begin. The first left this past Friday, my sister leaves the 11th, and my best friend leaves the 19th. Then it's just me left here back home.

When I first realized that literally everyone was moving away, I was sad and I am not going to lie I was jealous. Why couldn't I go somewhere? I mean I could if I truly wanted to, but for some reason I didn't feel the calling to pursue something. The thoughts faded as time passed but then when everyone started getting ready to leave I began thinking about it again.

Should I pick up and move somewhere? Where would I go? What could I do there?

Then everyone kept telling me that I need to get out of this town, pick up and leave, this town is so awful, I am never going to find a husband here, there are no opportunities here, and on and on. 
I don't totally disagree with everything that they said. But when it came down to it, I feel like I am supposed to be here in Vegas. Yes other states are probably alot better than here. But just because they are all moving doesn't mean I have to. There are lost people here, just like there are all around America and the world. If I can't minister to my hometown how am I supposed to go into another state and do it? 

& to be honest, I think alot of the people who have told me to pick up and move think I am not thinking about my future and that I am just living day by day. But in all actuality I think about my future every single day. I want to make the right decisions and make sure that I am pursuing God's plan for my life. I know they want what's best for me, but that's not their decision. God has a plan for me and He will show me. 

I am for sure not opposed to moving away, but as for this moment in my life I know I am right where God wants me. I'm hoping they see that too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment